- December 2, 2019 | Advent concert duo clearobscure at Brucknerhaus Linz (AT)
- September 27, 2019 | New work for live and pre-recorded voice in collaboration with the writer Lina Morawetz at Kunstraum am Schauplatz in Vienna (AT)
- July 20, 2019 | Self-Portrait with Sylvia in the framework of the project Fantastic Women at festival Wonderfeel in ’s-Graveland (NL)
- June 7, 2019 | Self-Portrait with Sylvia in the framework of the project Fantastic Women at TivoliVredenburg in Utrecht (NL)
- May 22, 2019 | PORTRAIT CONCERT: duo clearobscure with guests at Alte Schmiede in Vienna (AT)
- May 18, 2019 | Self-Portrait with Sylvia in the framework of the project Fantastic Women at Operadagen Rotterdam (NL)
- March 24, 2019 | Self-Portrait with Sylvia in the framework of the project Fantastic Women at De Pont in Tilburg (NL)
- March 20, 2019 | duo clearobscure at Leipziger Buchmesse (DE)
- March 18, 2019 | PORTRAIT CONCERT: Self-Portraits in Imagined Places at Strenge Kammer in Porgy & Bess in Vienna (AT)
- March 15, 2019 | Self-Portrait with Sylvia in the framework of the project Fantastic Women at Korzo Theater in Den Haag (NL)
Aleksandra Bajde is a Slovenian singer and composer currently residing in Vienna. In her native country she studied the violin, the piano, and classical singing at the Maribor Music and Ballet Conservatory. In 2011, she graduated in Jazz Singing from the Conservatorium van Amsterdam under the tutelage of Sylvi Lane and Annett Andriesen. During her music studies, she was selected for an Erasmus Program at the Hochschule für Musik und Tanz Köln. In 2013, she obtained a Bachelor of Arts in a Bachelor’s (Honours) degree program in liberal arts and sciences (with a focus on International Relations and Sociology) from Amsterdam University College. In 2014, she completed a trilingual Master’s program in Advanced European and International Studies at the European Institute in France. In June 2018, she completed her Master’s degree in Composition with distinction at the Anton Bruckner Privatuniversität in Linz, where she studied under the guidance of Christoph Cech and Carola Bauckholt. Here she also pursued a Master’s degree in Jazz Singing under Elfi Aichinger.
Throughout the years, she has taken part as a singer and music composer in various projects in Austria, Germany, the Netherlands, and Slovenia. She initiated several projects, among them are: Nostalgy.com, Luminosity, Self-Portraits in Imagined Places and duo clearobscure in collaboration with Emre Sihan Kaleli.
Her music has been performed in several European countries, including Austria, Germany, Italy, Slovenia and the Netherlands, as well as in prominent venues and festivals, i.e. Porgy & Bess in Vienna, impuls MinuteConcerts in Graz, Leicht über Linz, Crossroads Festival in Salzburg in Austria; November Music in the Netherlands and Cologne Opera in Germany and many more.
She received composition commissions and in 2019 she was granted a Working Scholarship for Composition as well as a “Startstipendium” for Music and Performing Arts by the Federal Chancellery of Austria.
Her recent work is a hybrid of composed and improvised music that includes elements of performing art through which she discovers her personal expression. Her interest lies in exploring contrasting and diverse sound layers of various timbres and textures. She aims to expand the sound palette in her music through incorporation of different sound objects.
Currently, she works as an Assistant to the President at the International Society for Contemporary Music (Austrian Section) and to the Secretary General of impuls . International Ensemble and Composers Academy for Contemporary Music. From September 2014 until September 2018, she served as the Project Manager and Secretary at the European Federation of National Youth Orchestras. Previously, she acquired professional experiences in diplomacy at the Consulate of the Republic of Slovenia in France and at the Embassy of the Republic of Slovenia in Vienna.
Aleksandra Bajde presents a new work entitled Self-Portraits in Imagined Places. It is a hybrid of composed and improvised music featuring elements of performance art, dance, and light. The work contains six compositions of different styles and characters, connected by means of short shadow theater intermezzi.
duo clearobscure (Aleksandra Bajde & Emre Sihan Kaleli) is a contemporary music duo currently based in Vienna. Their work combines contemporary playing and singing techniques with theatrical elements and improvisation. As a duo they performed in Austria, Italy, and Germany.
Aleksandra Bajde and Matjaž Dajčar have collaborated as a voice and guitar duo since 2006. Together they focus on their own compositions as well as arrangements of jazz standards. In 2008, they also launched a project Nostalgy.com, with which they had several concerts in Slovenia.
Luminosity was a jazz project by Aleksandra Bajde in 2009.
Line up: Aleksandra Bajde (voice, compositions, arrangements), Pal Nyberg (guitar), Anna von Raison (piano), Jakob Rheinlander (bass), Bastian Weinhold (drums)
Throughout her studies, the question of women’s creativity has been a major focus of her research. Her article Questioning the Question: Women, Genius, and Music Composition: Otto Weininger’s Creative Imperatives: A Case Study of Alma Mahler was published at the international symposium entitled Europe in the Time of Franz Liszt, 13th – 15th of October, 2016, Maribor, Slovenia.