- November 5, 2020 | duo clearobscure in the framework of Die Rote Brille – chamber concert with the winners of the Impro-Parcours competition – at Roter Salon in Vienna (AT)
- October/November, 2020 | New work for voice and Janus Ensemble will be premiered at Sargfabrik Wien (AT)
- April 21, 2020 | New work for solo violin will be premiered in the framework of the concert Night of Slovene Composers at Knight’s Hall, Križanke in Ljubljana (SI)
- December 2, 2019 | Advent concert duo clearobscure at Brucknerhaus Linz (AT)
- September 27, 2019 | New work for live and pre-recorded voice in collaboration with the writer Lina Leonore Morawetz at Kunstraum am Schauplatz in Vienna (AT)
- July 20, 2019 | Self-Portrait with Sylvia in the framework of the project Fantastic Women at festival Wonderfeel in ’s-Graveland (NL)
- June 7, 2019 | Self-Portrait with Sylvia in the framework of the project Fantastic Women at TivoliVredenburg in Utrecht (NL)
- May 22, 2019 | PORTRAIT CONCERT: duo clearobscure with guests at Alte Schmiede in Vienna (AT)
- May 18, 2019 | Self-Portrait with Sylvia in the framework of the project Fantastic Women at Operadagen Rotterdam (NL)
Aleksandra Bajde is a Slovenian singer and composer currently residing in Vienna. In her native country she studied the violin, the piano, and classical singing at the Maribor Music and Ballet Conservatory. In 2011, she graduated in Jazz Singing from the Conservatorium van Amsterdam under the tutelage of Sylvi Lane and Annett Andriesen. During her music studies, she was selected for an Erasmus Program at the Hochschule für Musik und Tanz Köln. In 2013, she obtained a Bachelor of Arts in a Bachelor’s (Honours) degree program in liberal arts and sciences (with a focus on International Relations and Sociology) from Amsterdam University College. In 2014, she completed a trilingual Master’s program in Advanced European and International Studies at the European Institute in France. In June 2018, she completed her Master’s degree in Composition with distinction at the Anton Bruckner Privatuniversität in Linz, where she studied under the guidance of Christoph Cech and Carola Bauckholt. Here she also pursued a Master’s degree in Jazz Singing under Elfi Aichinger.
Throughout the years, she has taken part as a singer and music composer in various projects in Austria, Germany, the Netherlands, and Slovenia. She initiated several projects, among them are: Nostalgy.com, Luminosity, Self-Portraits in Imagined Places and duo clearobscure in collaboration with Emre Sihan Kaleli.
Her music has been performed in several European countries, including Austria, Germany, Italy, Slovenia and the Netherlands, as well as in prominent venues and festivals, i.e. Alte Schmiede, Porgy & Bess in Vienna, impuls MinuteConcerts in Graz, Leicht über Linz, Crossroads Festival in Salzburg in Austria; November Music, Operadagen Rotterdam in the Netherlands; Cologne Opera in Germany and many more.
She received composition commissions and in 2019 she was granted a Working Scholarship for Composition as well as a “Startstipendium” for Music and Performing Arts by the Federal Chancellery of Austria.
Her recent work is a hybrid of composed and improvised music that includes elements of performing art through which she discovers her personal expression. Her interest lies in exploring contrasting and diverse sound layers of various timbres and textures. She aims to expand the sound palette in her music through incorporation of different sound objects.
Currently, she works as an Assistant to the President of the International Society for Contemporary Music (Austrian Section) and to the Secretary General of impuls . International Ensemble and Composers Academy for Contemporary Music. From September 2014 to September 2018, she served as the Project Manager and Secretary at the European Federation of National Youth Orchestras. Previously, she acquired professional experiences in diplomacy at the Consulate of the Republic of Slovenia in France and at the Embassy of the Republic of Slovenia in Vienna.
Aleksandra Bajde presents a new work entitled Self-Portraits in Imagined Places. It is a hybrid of composed and improvised music featuring elements of performance art, dance, and light. The work contains six compositions of different styles and characters, connected by means of short shadow theater intermezzi.
duo clearobscure (Aleksandra Bajde & Emre Sihan Kaleli) is a contemporary music duo currently based in Vienna. Their work combines contemporary playing and singing techniques with theatrical elements and improvisation. As a duo they performed in Austria, Italy, and Germany.
Throughout her studies, the question of women’s creativity has been a major focus of her research. Her article Questioning the Question: Women, Genius, and Music Composition: Otto Weininger’s Creative Imperatives: A Case Study of Alma Mahler was published at the international symposium entitled Europe in the Time of Franz Liszt, 13th – 15th of October, 2016, Maribor, Slovenia.